“Live Kühn” is German for “Live Bold.” We provide high-performance products that support passionate, bold and driven athletes who need protection and a solution – for both their mental and physical well-being.
With LiveKühn® PeacePads®, you will experience ☮. Live boldly without fear of falling.
Developed by an ice skater but used by so many other athletes: horseback riders, barrel racers, skateboarders, longboarders, motocrossers,
mountain bikers, skiiers, freestylers and more!
Summer Inventory TimesJun 10 2015
The Pads that Protect are Now ProtectedMay 28 2015
Athletes at the elite level needed padding at the elite level. We understood this: years x months x days x falls = [insert crazy big number] = injuries = problems. After my decade in figure skating proved that falling [insert crazy big number] times = injuries, we decided something needed to be changed.
So we created our ideal crash pads, PeacePads®. Today those elite athletes have found our PeacePads® protect at an elite level.
We are proud to say that now HIPeace® and TailbonePeace® are each patented. This event celebrates our first innovations as we continue in advancement. We will push the envelope of innovation just as elite athletes push the envelope of possible every day.
Let's push the envelope of possible together.
“Chococonut” Almond Bars (Healthy Chocolates Recipe)Mar 20 2015
Spring is in the air . . . and all we can really think about is Vivaldi’s “Spring” (which we think would make a pretty great skating program!). While skating to Vivaldi’s “Spring” would be pretty sweet, we were also in the mood for something a little more literally sweet. Some coconut, almond, and chocolate (all while staying relatively “healthy” with lots of minerals and nutrients no added sugar)—sounds pretty sweet to us!
The recipe below is a healthier alternative to traditional candy bars, and we found them more flavorful and delicious as well! Basically, if you want to be transported to a pâtisserie’s rich flavors without a plane ticket, try this recipe. To mix it up, we also tried substituting the vanilla extract for mint extract to create more of a peppermint patty flavor.
“Chococonut” Almond Bars
(makes about 14 small bars)
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, lightly packed
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (substitute with mint extract for a tasty variety!)
- 12 whole almonds (optional)
- 4 ounces dark chocolate
- Measure and mix together the coconut, almond butter, honey, and vanilla (or mint). This should become a sticky paste that you will be able to form.
- On a pan covered with parchment paper, form the mixture by tablespoon into bars. If desired, press an almond into the top of each bar.
- Place the bars in the freezer for 15-20 minutes or until they are slightly solid.
- Melt the dark chocolate (microwave in 15 second increments and stir until melted).
- Dip each bar into the melted chocolate and place on parchment paper. Freeze or refrigerate to harden the chocolate. Enjoy!
Did you know?
Almond butter contains calcium and copper—helping keep your brain and nervous system functioning. The calcium is also important for muscle performance. It also contains magnesium, which can help you generate energy. And coconut can boost your immune system while it has many minerals like manganese, copper, and selenium. With the nutrients every athlete needs, the chococonut bars sound pretty sweet to us! J Let us know what you think about the recipe!
Copyright © 2015 Rachel Westphal and LiveKühn® - All Rights Reserved